Sunday, July 22, 2007

Knee Deep in Harry Potter

No - I'm not giving anything away. I know that people are reading feverishly to find out who lives and who dies. I am one of them. I do want to make an important point, though, as I take a break from the book. I was at a Barnes and Noble with over 2,000 other souls on Friday night just waiting for the stroke of midnight and my turn to purchase "the book." When midnight came, I with my husband, two nieces, and a nephew, were about 200 people back, but still luckily in the cool store (unlike the other 1500 who were outside in the heat.) When the first book was sold, buzzers went off and people began cheering. Each time someone walked by with a book in their hand, everyone was cheering and clapping. It was an amazing sight. Now I ask you - when have you ever, EVER heard people cheering for a book? I do not think I have ever heard it happen. What an amazing phenomenon. And it's all over....

No comments: